Search This Blog
Reflections on the Labor of Love, Loneliness, and Persistence in Marriage.
Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
How He Says He’s Sorry Without Words
I knew he’d want to eat kibbeh, so when he got home, I asked what I could do - wash vegetables, get out the kibbeh, etc. He told me, “no, I’ve got it”. He’s asked me to stop questioning when he says those words, so I busied myself with putting away clean dishes. He made everything, down to our drinks.
We sat and ate and even chatted a bit. He did pull out his phone, but had it at a dull roar so we could still talk some. Later, I thought he turned it up because I was “talking too much”, but it was because it was a true crime episode, and he knows I enjoy listening to those too.
When we finished dinner and our drinks, I complained that he always goes up to bed and leaves me to take care of everything by myself. It really was a terrible whine, as he DID cook dinner. Mostly, I just wanted him to hang out while I took care of things. Sometimes he’s asleep before I get upstairs and that makes me feel sad, because then I don’t get my hug, kiss, and “I Love You” before bed. Lo and behold, he stayed and even helped me clean up a little. This was not the man from the night before.
We went up to bed together, cuddled, and went to sleep happy.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment